Friday, August 22, 2008

Collaborations






These are my final collaborative works for the fluid and thoughts workshop. Here we were meant to work in groups of two, but somehow my group ended up with four people in it, don’t ask me how because I don’t know, but I think it only helped to improve our work. We were to do three different collaborative projects, an interpretation of instructions given by our partner to help us in recreating a new picture; a group drawing, where we all got together and worked on the one drawing; and a n exquisite corpse where each new drawing was based on the previous drawing.
My interpretation drawing was based on the instructions of two lines meeting at a point with another two lines joining underneath it, set on stairs. So I interpreted and decided to come up with a new shaped building/monument that I created. I then rendered it and the background, to make it look three dimensional, and it look like it was night time. I quite like it and think that it turned out quite well.
For our collaborative drawing we decided to go abstract with our interpretation of the opera house, we focused on the repetition of the shape of the sales in the drawing. we created the opera house out of these repeated curves as well as its reflection in the harbour bellow it, and also used the shape In the sky above it. This drawing was quite large we used 3 A1 sheets stuck together, so we used charcoal to easilier cover the large area, and make the drawing more dominant.
For the final collaboration our work took a narrative direction where the image of the sails transformed to a mountainous landscape to a stream with rocks and to a forest. It was quite impressive that by just communicating through drawings we were able to come up with something with as much meaning as it.

No comments: