Friday, August 22, 2008

Opera House





These are the drawings that I composed during and after our trip to the Opera House. The first is a drawing of one of the sails, from when we were sitting on the front stairs. I liked this view because I was able to see through the glass sail into the restaurant, and I attempted to show this in the drawing.
The second drawing is from the back of the Opera House on the Harbour side. With this I tried draw it like a quick sketch, I used a light pencil (F), and used very quick lines to make it look like a faster drawing.
The next drawing is from the same location, but I used a different medium this time in felt tip pen, here I built the drawing up a lot more to make it bolder and stronger. I also focused on the symmetry of the two sails.
My last drawing is a more abstract one of the facade of the Opera House. Here I focused on the dominant lines of building and extended them beyond where they finished. I then proceeded to build up the drawing by darkening selective areas to make it harder and stronger.

No comments: